Monday, July 25, 2011

07.20-24.2011 Regional IBLYAC


Hsi Lai Temple
It's conference (crunch) time! This time, I was staff so I didn't really get to participate in much of the conference activities. Actually, the opening ceremony happened and I didn't even know it! Other than being couped up in the office fixing up paperwork, and having regulated mealtimes, I got to meet the team behind the scenes.




gold clips! These always feel so special to come across for some reason.


  
                                         1. Registration team                               2. Toronto helping out                             3. Slacking staff member


 
1. setting up the banner,                              2. Three good deed monks

 
1. staff at the opening show,                                         2. participants at the opening show



 
I'm not sure why we had these, but we did, and they were fun to watch.

 
we did work too, even though it looks like not

Warning signs for you not to touch her stuff. I should have asked the girl to make that  > : O face, you would listen to the signs too!


 
Toronto YAD poster and Orlando's poster (which I thought was super cute!)

Toronto Representative, and souvenir. Back to basics, building blocks? Get it?

 
Class time

 
Derek the DJ.                                                                           Jumping the barricade.

  
relay races and team spirit

 
Vegetarian cooking class!

  
I was the facilitator for this workshop, but I was mostly taking pictures because it was so exciting lol.

 

 
Surprise night show                                                        surprise monkhood.

We also had a secret special mission: to bring the next regional conference to Toronto...and we got it!

6 comments :

  1. so...someone need to explain to me what the duck and bear were for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't really know. Entertainment I presume. They were like mascots for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u didn't ask when ur there?lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were mascots... the "knights" for the opening celebration since the concept was to make it like the Medieval Times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete