Monday, September 10, 2012

09.10.2012 Ottawa Folk Festival: Bon Iver



HELLOO BON IVER! I thought it was too late for tickets, but when I bought them this morning, there was still a stack in stock. Woohoo! You may say he was cool five years ago, but I think he's still cool now. yes, it would be even cooler if Kanye could break out onto the stage, but obviously that was not going to happen.


The night sky was clear and it was perfect to be listening to Bon Iver mumble-sing and all the stars were in place. I thought the city had lots of light pollution, but I guess Ottawa is pretty healthy.

"god it's cold here," he remarks. "is the river frozen yet? can we skate on it?" 

Instruments changed almost every song, he plays like four different guitars and there are like 9 people in his ensemble. The concert was beautiful, I think next time I'll bring a chair.

No comments :

Post a Comment