Tuesday, July 21, 2009

07.22.2009 Goodbye Taiwan, Hello Japan!

8:28 am. I am at the airport in Taiwan. They have free wireless! Strangely they promoted it by having this guy with a tomato for his head and a laptop on his lap. I don't understand why, but it was peculiar. I wanted to take a picture, but there were people sitting with him so I didn't want to be weird. Around the rest of the airport are tomatoes with the words Free Wi-Fi on them. I guess if I spot another one I'll snap a picture.


OH, my luggage was overweight haha. It was 27.6 kg and it the max is 23. I took out the bag of stuff from my sister with was 3 kg, and the lady at the desk let me off. (I guess because she could see I couldn't figure out what else to take out)

My flight is at 10am. I hope there are new movies.

.
.
.
There were no new movies.

So my free wi-fi had disconnected and I went roaming around the airport. There’s much more stuff on the other end. But by the time I got to the other end, I had to walk back because it was time to board.

Stamps for your animal year.


Xbox 360! If only I had gotten here earlier..


12:00 AM (Japan) Shinjuku


My luggage cart welcomes me.

I arrived at Narita and couldn’t locate anyone. I started to get paranoid, but people eventually found me. I seem to have forgotten how much I secretly love Japan. To me, it seems that every minute detail has been thought out or considered in their thinking/production/design process. And I don’t necessarily mean it in an I.D. kind of way. So obviously I have been taking as many pictures of everything I can.

Look! you can actually take your luggage cart onto an ESCALATOR!


1. We sat on the NEX to go from airport to Shinjuku. 2. Some other train


Japanese man with character


1. Old Japanese punks (probably not really) 2. Aboard the NEX.

Apparently George had gotten onto the same train as us. We didn’t know until we got off and I saw him struggle with his baggage in front of the escalators. My luggage was a nuisance to carry as well. My knee is really bruised at the moment from me trying to keep it going straight. This is because one of its wheels is crooked; it always ends up rolling in a two o-clock direction. I am thinking of buying a cheap suitcase here that I can go back to Canada with. The maximum for one luggage is 23 kg so if I had two suitcases then I can have a total of 46 kg!

When we arrived at the hotel I was really surprised. It’s really nice! Here’s more pictures of everything…


Lobby stairs


My bedroom


Someone else's bedroom


CUTE doorstopper!


MAGNETIC door signs!

After settling in, we all went out to dinner at Lumin? next door. It's a giant overpriced shopping mall.

Trying to tastefully hide the fire extinguisher.


an expensive tomato


Teppanyaki Dinner here





Recharge your cellphone here! (convenience store)


Saw these in Canada first. Didn't think they were cool enough to be in Japan.

There's more, ofcourse. But you'll think I'm crazy.

3 comments :

  1. oh man japan looks so fun. i bet you're glad you didn't change your flight! i think the door stopper is really cool too. makes me want to get working on some design work since i've yet to come up with a decent concept that i'm happy with yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stamps! i got a new york skyline stamp from muji in new york! ^.^v
    got to agree about the crazy awesome door stopper! too cool! and your bedroom looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cool! i went the giant muji in japan and didn't find anything cool like that!

    ReplyDelete