Thursday, July 30, 2009

07.27-30.2009 IBLYAEC

Now that the conference is over, I left right after lunch towards Osaka. I am currently in Kyoto and staying at Holiday Inn. It is about a six hour drive. I was really tired from staying up the night before and then waking up at five this morning to go biking so I slept for most of the ride. Anyway I don't want to "verbally" recount everything so I'll just dump photos and recount later.

DAY 1

1. Japan members at the opening ceremony 2. Taiwan members cheering

DAY 2




DAY 3


Look who I found! Ah Bao is currently in New Delhi, India. He brought two members with him as well. It has been many years and so it was really nice to see him. He hasn't changed at all though, still creative and funny and 'huo po' energetic?. (maybe with the exception of weight hehe). He also conferred a white scarf to me on behalf of India (YAD) and it was the "101th one". It's really beautiful and was really cool. I put it in my robe bag and it's my best treasure yet.

"Talent Show"

1. Korea 2. India 3. Thailand

Philippines! We squeezed an encore out of them


1. Lights off for a performance 2. Nuns final performance at our request

After the show...

1,2. We were given fireworks (that you hold in your hand, and feel really unsafe) after the 'talent show'. 3. This is a traditional Japanese firework game in which you light the base and then hold onto the sparkler until it falls off, and the last one's sparker to hit the ground wins.

And during the late hours of the evening after the party when everyone stays up to catch up...

Alexandre from Paris

Day 4



I wanted to catch the sunrise, but didn't wake up in time because I slept late. However, I did wake up at 5am and proceeded to take out the bike for a ride by the lake to see the morning sun by Mt. Fuji. Although not as grand as a sunrise, it was still pretty good!


1. biker ahead 2. My 'huo ban' (troupe?) 3. Mount Fuji-san! This mountain used to be on the back of the 5000 yen bill


This year's theme


My new friends. Macau, Miffy's friend the lion, Fuji-san, Philippines


No comments :

Post a Comment