Sunday, August 9, 2009

08.09.2009 Harajuku, Omotesando Hills

Today I was supposed to go to a Shibuya block party ( http://www.shibuyablockparty.jp )but I didn't find it. But here's everything else!


I didn't know tamagotchi was still cool. 3. interactive screen!


harajuku street is FILLED with people. The street is short, but it will take you 30 minutes to get the other end...if you are quick.


Japanese free hugs dude. Doesn't he look like a mime?


Yoyogi National Olympic Stadium: Kenzo Tange, Summer Olympics 1964, Famous for its suspension roof design


Instead of finding the block party I found these 50's Elvis era dancing people


People on the bridge



famous harajuku crepes. They are pretty good!


Not only does this store try to sell mostly pink stuff, the store is partially the cockpit of a pink airplane


Harajuku going gothic


Au Kiddi (phone company?) or iida's future concepts and prototypes. It will take too long to explain each one but just think solar power, mini pianos and strings for keys.



A gigantic H&M and a small forever 21 (relatively, although its bigger than Toronto's)


Adidas' foot measuring/ shoe making machine.


Asics store


Kiddi land's ponyo and panda go panda display


1. This building starts with a G, there's a MoMA store inside 2. Omotesando Hills Tadao Ando 2006 (He merges and reconstructed a previous set of apartments that were on this location)


LV store - Aoki Jun


Armani casa


Tod's - Ito Toyo. See the trees?


One - Kengo Kuma


Plastic folded animals gallery

I saw the Dior building at Omotesando. It's a bit different from the Ginza and Osaka ones, but it didn't seem to be anything amazing so I didn't take a picture. Sorry SANAA. (architect team for Dior)

I stayed for the "gung so" in the morning today. It was really good. I think I really like "gung so" it's like having a choir and an orchestra. It sounds better and feels better too!

There was also a mini earthquake while I was walking home. But I was too concerned with not getting lost that I didn't feel it. But I heard and saw all the birds in the forest cawing and leaving the trees and I was thinking to myself, I wonder what's scaring them!


Mosquito bite count: 10
p/s I put a dryer sheet in my pants pocket today. It obviously did not work because I have five more bites. There, I squashed a rumour, go tell your friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment