Sunday, February 26, 2012

02.26.2012 Park, Park, and Mauerpark


swingers club
Ever since I mentioned the exciting things Mauer Park has to offer, I have been thinking about the uncharted territory for days. Finally, Sunday rolled around and I could excuse myself a visit to the area. (why would anybody be there during the week?)

First, along the way I bumped into a few playgrounds. Little molecular domes in tiny sandboxes in someone's backyard courtyard. The gate was open, saying "Here here, come see!" So I wasn't trespassing.



1. The facade is painted on, windows too,                  2. faces,                                     3. balcony kabob       




one vs two
There is this long strip of space between apartments and all along it are benches and playground pockets. I stopped here too, it felt like I was going to miss the fleamarket at this rate. 

1. private seating,                                                                    2. rope

rock climbing wall
Yeah, looks like nothing special right? But, they have this slide-across-thing which is totally awesome. I hummed and hawed for a while about trying it, and when I tried, I couldn't figure out how to balance on it. Do I stand? sit? I think I wasn't trying hard enough, so I kept falling when I got on it. It's really bouncy.

sixth of a tire

1. vinetaplatz and,                                                    2. swinemunderstrasse

fitnessgerate for 14years and under.
Colour! These are the most friendly looking fitness things I've seen. There was a kid working out, but he got really self conscious and kept a super distance away from me and the radius of my camera.







Yeah, I'm here, again.


Little trikes for little tikes

1.waffle maker,                                                     2. carpets

1. buckets, all pastel, on purpose?                                                      2. junk yard blues

rummage rummage rummage. This might be worse than the Goodwill outlet

Rainbow park
Alright, so once you navigate your way through the distracting flea market and if you can make it out through the other end alive and empty handed, there's a rainbow waiting for you. No pot of gold, but yes, a rainbow.


a standalone swing in the middle of nowhere

bird house? hen haus?

The artist and his model

black sheep making plans. a conspiracy maybe?

weak.

1.swings for swinging,                                                       2. corners for climbing

vertigo

There's a microphone and speaker in the middle of the stage for anyone who wants to do some karoke. 

The climbing wall signalled the end of mauerpark, but I've heard rumours that there might even be more from behind that wall. Something like a running track (yay!). I didn't see anything but maybe there's a side entrance.  Next time!

1 comment :

  1. The natural playground I was talking about sort of looks like the rainbow park but then there's more. And those climbs on the playground seem neckbreaking friendly...

    ReplyDelete