Saturday, May 19, 2012

05.19.2012 Jungle Spielplatz


I haven't passed by a good playground in a while. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the longer I am in this city, the more accustomed my eyes become. Lately, I've been hoping that I would come across an exciting one, but so far no luck. I figure if they are not going to show themselves, I will just have to find them myself.

TADAA! A jungle themed playground! Everything is made out of wood, and totally climbable. Except for the fake palm trees of course. (that would be neat though.) The palm tree jungle has swinging nets and bridges and wooden forts and runways and a super tall slide. Perhaps the place is more of a zoo than a jungle, but still, safer than a real jungle...if you discount the kids running around hyped up on imagination and not seeing you. Other than the obstacle challenges, there are zebras, lions, giraffes, and a black panther watching from the trees.

gorilla gate
It's been "playground-quiet" lately, but my love for playgrounds returned with a visit to a trampoline in the middle of one night. When the girl told me about it, excitement was spewing out of her ears. It had the same feeling as when I discovered the trampolines near Saarbruckerstr and Nordbahnhof.
So in the middle of the night, after a really long day at work, we were giggling on the trampolines. Sometimes jumping in unison and other times like an arpeggio. It felt absolutely juvenile, and silly yet fun. It really was a nice way to end the night.


Rubber bridges flex under weight 

1. Hammocks under the tree,                                                                            2. Spider corner

1. Secret circuit in the trees,                                                                                              2. see-saw

Cradle

thwak, thwak, thwak

1. The rock is my island.                                                                2. The tower is my castle. 



1. Monkey chains,                                                                          2. Grips to grab when you climb up the little entrance.

What noise does a zebra make? 

1. Zeeebra meeting                                                                     2. Scale.

meow?

1. roar said the lion,                                                        2. bzzz said the bee

Munch munch crunch crunch, says the giraffe


flying carpet!

I want to sit in that sieve too. 


No comments :

Post a Comment