Saturday, April 20, 2013

04.20.2013 Sugar Bush


Another item checked off my Ottawa bucketlist: a sugar bush. Well actually I wanted to tap a tree, but it wasn't possible. A sugar bush is just a forest used to make maple syrup. We went to Fulton's Pancake House for breakfast with my mom and my friends' parents where they make you pancakes and you drizzle them with legit maple sugar and drink maple tea with maple sugar. 

I was also a little disappointed at the fact that maple sugar is not pulled from trees the way I imagined. I thought you poke it with a straw-like thing and let the sap run. Here instead, there are interconnected tubes running through the forest from tree to tree, probably leading to a giant vat of maple syrup...somewhere... 


 this place is for kids
 
Ottawa, 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment