Monday, April 22, 2013

04.22.2013 Calgary > Vancouver


Currently in Calgary...

I'm actually just in transit to Vancouver. This is my first time on the West coast of Canada! There's one week until my rent is up in Ottawa and nobody is doing anything anyway. I hummed and hawed over whether to take this trip or not since my friend was going to Vancouver and I was casually saying hey, I want to come too.. but then proceeded to actually think about it. The next thing you know I'm actually going there..Well, why not! 

Calgary airport entertainment. Too bad it's not actually a ride for humans.
these colours are so dated!
hello vancouver!
I'm only here for a week, it should/would be longer if I had known it's so nice around here. My other friend arrives tomorrow morning so we're going to pick her up and then we'll (they'll) be driving to Seattle!

looking for a house
eating a hotdog...
I mean Japadog!
texture
Vancouver public library and Fringe headquarters
Every city seems to have a revolving restaurant
the shop, for him. located just around the corner of a sketchy street

this shop, for her, right next door!

literally shelves and shelves of boots.

Olympic flame sits here

made of "ice!"

Digital Orca, Douglas Coupland

The city, new condos

gas station on water

lonely cabin

bike ride to the sea side

guerrilla gardening in public. 

sea wall
I actually can't get over how beautiful Vancouver is. There are scenic mountains in the backdrop ALL the time, and lots of water and green. The air is fresh and everything just feels Canadian... if that even makes sense. It's like if someone was to imagine Canada, this place would fit the image more than, say Toronto would. It's got the signature laid-back-ness of Canada, the forests and water for canoeing, mountains for skiing, nod to aboriginal culture, and the people have like, remnants of Canadian Olympics gear on them.

a sad and lonely playground

Yep, you know what this photo means... We're totally lost.

wild animal crossing!

Just a raccoon. 

dinner with Vancouver friends at a "vegetarian hippie place"

dessert time



Vancouver, 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment