Wednesday, April 24, 2013

04.24.2013 Seattle day 2


view from our window
We're here! We made a humble list and mapped it out in the morning opting to walk rather than use the bus or skytrain. Out of the 14 things to see, we made 8.5. That's not so bad!



Frank Gehry, the EMP. Do you think he makes it look like a wad of chewing gum that's been spit out, just to evoke an   D: emotion?

Wasn't open to see the inside though. So curious..

Cleanest, greenest, meanest, parking lot

Experience Music Project museum

A train goes through it

Fischer Plaza / Seattle Grace Hospital
OK. This was the reason why I was here. Not because I needed a (well-deserved) break from school, or because I wanted to see the West coast... The thing that sold me was Grey's Anatomy. First of all because nobody still watches the show, and second, if I was with any other friend, we wouldn't be making this stop. (My any-other-friends assured me on this)

Anyway, it turns out it's really loosely based on this building. I can hardly imagine it. They just make one shot here from the opening scenes I think and then everything is made up on the inside. We walked around the whole place twice just to make sure.

Top Pot Hand forged donuts. Donuts are forged?

Seattle Public Library!! I didn't have enough time here to traverse all the floors. But it's really nice.

My friends were like, "Meh, it's a library." and I'm like, "Guys, IT'S A LIBRARY!!"

A Fascinating Book Sorting Machine. Technology these days...

Children's section

Neon escalators

This is as far as I got.

1 At the top of a really tall building,                                      2. There is a plateau fenced by trees

Inopportune: Stage One, 2004. Cai Guo-Qiang

Lunch time!

Fishtail

World's first starbucks

"I like your glasses, where'd you get them? Urban Outfitters?" I can't figure if that's a compliment or not. But the Gnome says hi.

gum wall. You can even smell it wafting off the wall.

graffiti wall

Art not Ads, but some ads are art?

blue

tired feet, lazy bones

going through the EMP! It was nothing exciting. Just a tunnel.

Calder love at the Sculpture Park

I like the chairs..

Perre's Ventaglio III, 1967. Beverly Pepper. Voids filled, solids empty

Claes Oldenburg

Love & Loss 2005-2006, Roy McMakin

Made a stop at a joke shop, Archie McPhee's. Indeed they do have weird stuff.

Fremont troll under a bridge. We stopped a guy driving in a car with his window down to take a picture of us from his driver seat. I'm surprised he didn't just take the camera and drive away.

Back at Gas Works Park. This place was my favourite. and the library.

Sundial, seasons, moon sun and star reader

By the time we left Gas Works park, the place we wanted to go for dinner just closed. We were hungry and grabbed stone oven pizza instead (was down the street). The waiter didn't think we could eat as much as we ordered, but I think we showed him. On top of that, we ordered dessert (twice!) before even finishing our meal and he was like, "But you haven't finished yet, do you want to wait?" and we said, "No, you see, we just want to keep eating.. no stopping!" He looked at us, as the three of us nodded in confirmation. Keep that tiramisu coming!

Seattle, 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment