Thursday, January 8, 2015

01.08.2015 Moved to Minneapolis!



An official job offer was handed to me and I accepted. Therefore I've moved to Minneapolis, Minnesota! In true I'm-leaving-the-country fashion, I was swamped, stressed and booked for lunch and dinner every day before leaving and did not pack until practically the last day. So this really is another new adventure!

I didn't take many photos this time, sorry. I'm still trying to figure out this phone vs camera thing. Minnesota is cold, it is winter now and my arrival was smooth. The most impressive thing was that I did not get lost in the airport at all. Every time I felt that I could almost be lost, I looked up and there was a sign.

My cab driver was overpriced and unreliable though. He did not know where the house was even though I gave him an address, and then he did not trust his GPS after he put it into his machine. It was frustrating because I didn't know how to get there and apparently neither did my cab driver.

The place I live in is simple, and a little suburb-y. I have a roommate, but she isn't here yet because she's on vacation in Thailand. But! I think I like her already, she got me a book, "How to Talk Minnesotan" as a welcome present, and left me some wine.

So! This is it! I'm in a state of a sort of new everything! Work starts Monday and I need to fill my fridge..and get some covers for the bed.

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment