Monday, February 16, 2015

02.16.2015 Ice Castle at Miller Park



Mom came to visit, so other than running errands and trying to prove to her that I'm living and doing well in Minnesota, I took her to the Ice Castle! Yeah, it looks like a gimmicky tourist trap, but we rarely get to do these things together, so I got tickets and we went in the early evening to see the castle in daylight, warmed up in the car for 30 min and then returned to see it lit up at night.



There are little tunnels and passageways in the ice sculptures that children are crawling in and out of. I suppose any sign of a hole is a sign of an entry way for a child. I too, also attempted to enter this crawlspace, and to my surprise, found four other kids inside in each of the little nooks just hanging out! However, I did manage to convince my mom to go through one of the ice tunnel slides. She slowed down midway and I had to give her a little push to slide out haha

I brought my camera with me, and I'm glad, but I was super fearful of slipping and breaking my lens, and then breaking my legs. It is also sooo cold! During the daytime is OK, but at night, it's freezing. It's basically as cold as standing on the canal in Ottawa with poorly lined boots. 

No comments :

Post a Comment