Tuesday, August 4, 2009

08.04.2009 OsamuTezuka Museum

This day is self explanatory. So here goes!


You can see the phoenix from far away so you know you are heading in the right direction.


feet/hand prints of all of Tezuka's characters. I was sweating buckets by the time I finished taking all these shots.


Even the street is named after him


The museum! Goal!



Front door


Phoenix mosaic


We have to buy our tickets by machine.


Entrance lobby



Where Astro boy is made


Tezuka at work


Interior


comics


Happy anniversary cake


Watch out Astro-Boy!!


Tezuka's sketches


Tezuka's storyboard

We watched a short film at the museum as well. I think it was about Tezuka's childhood. Apparently he went to med school (which explains his background for Black Jack?) and he has a large fascination with bugs. Actually I think it all started from there. So after three hours of scouring the entire museum we killed time just shopping about.


1. Solar powered cell phone! 2. The screen flips up like a normal cell, and to the side like a book. It took us about 2 minutes to figure that out. (and trying not the break the thing)


George and I went our separate ways and I met up with Wing. We went grocery shopping for dinner and look what I found. COCKROACHES! Who would buy them for 525Yen anyway. You can find them in your cupboards. (or even in your bed!)


This is where I'm staying. Behind me is the shower and the front door!

No comments :

Post a Comment