Saturday, December 3, 2011

12.03.2011 Hipster Christmas Market



Sorry, I worked the colour on this a bit too much. Those lamps are killing me. Will change it .. maybe eventually..
Today has been windy and rainy all day. I must have spoke too soon about the marvellous weather and jinxed it. Anyway, I stayed up until Canadian bedtime last night chatting with family and friends, and as a result, I have no motivation to do anything today.


At no point in this experience, did I feel the urge to say "holy sh-t shopping!" while rummaging through the masses of non mass produced items..but rather it was holy sh-t bad.

I also have holes at the heel of my shoes so the raining and pouring did not help. I decided to keep the touristy-ness low and went to this "hipster Christmas market". At least it was advertised as such ("the apex of hipster holiday shopping," it said), but in fact, there were no "hipsters" in sight and plenty of "yoga moms". It was kind of like the one-of-a-kind show back at home, except this one comes with a live DJ, and some "lounge" areas. Oh well, it's always good to support local artists.

architecture.

Lounge on the left

1. don't design with test tubes,                                2. ceramics,                                         3. asymmetrical clothing

Hey Mister DJ.

It's a bonanza!

Buying comics

Buying prints

1. There is one sad bunny at the party.                                       2. prints,                                                  3. Plenty of fish in the sea

I've spotted another Christmas person!!

Today ended up being too crowded, and super lame. Shopping always seems like a good idea in my head but when I get there, it takes approximately thirty minutes to drain the life out of me because there is a multitude of THINGS EVERYWHERE, and then I just want to go home. 

1 comment :